A Summary of the Plan
The vision of Man in the Mirror
"For every church to disciple every man."
"To help churches more effectively disciple their men."
- God has blessed us to impact 10,000,000 men. But we believe God wants us to do more.
- We've focused on men's discipleship for 25 years — addressing America's "men problem" and the secondary problem that, while churches want to disciple men, most haven't been able to keep men's discipleship as a high ongoing priority.
- How do we solve these problems? The American approach to a problem is to ask, "How do we fix this?" The Chinese take a different approach. They ask, "What are the relationships we need to have in place to solve this problem?"
- We've concluded that without men in local communities building relationships with local pastors and leaders, men's discipleship has probably gone about as far as it can. We know that to succeed we need to forge men's discipleship into an industry by offering men a viable career path in men's discipleship.
- That's why we've create the exclusive position of Area Director. We're now accepting applications for 330 Area Directors located throughout the United States. Each Area Director will have a territory of about 1,000 churches.
- The Area Director's near term goal is to build relationships with 100 churches that result in 30-40 new disciples each by the end of his first three years – that's about 3 churches per month. Man in the Mirror's role is to make sure that every Area Director is wildly successful! To that end, based on our work with more than 25,000 churches, we've created The Journey to Biblical Manhood ("The Journey"), a flexible process for a church to disciple all its men with resources they choose.
- The Journey consolidates all of our concepts, products, and services into a single, brandable initiative.
- We have proof of concept on our men's events. Of the men who have attended our more than 1,100 seminars, 33% have committed or recommitted their lives to Christ, and 67% have joined a small group.
- We also have proof of concept for our men's discipleship leader training. Churches that implement our No Man Left Behind training had an average 48% increase in the number of men attending their church and an 84% increase in the number of men involved in discipleship in 2 1/2 years.
- The Journey is comprehensive enough to eventually disciple all the men in a church, and flexible enough to use whatever resources best suit their needs—the church is always in charge!
Learn more about what it means to be an Area Director at: