A Day in the Life of an AD
A journal entry at the end of an eventful day in the life of an Area Director…
Got up this morning without the snooze button. Seems like I don’t use it much anymore.
Went on a quick run, and then spent some time on devotions. Enjoyed breakfast with the kids before they went to school, and then a cup of coffee with my wife. It’s nice to have this routine in the morning.
Then, I spent an hour and a half working in the office. Zipped through my phone list for the day:
• Talked to 2 investors. Pete agreed to set up coffee or lunch next week with potential new investor he knows.
• Called 3 ministry team members working on pastor’s luncheon next month. They are both getting pretty good traction with pastors. Talked to Frank too. He has venue secured.
• Called pastor referral at First Christian Church. Finally got through. Set up meeting at his office next Tuesday after lunch. He seemed pretty overwhelmed – responded well when I asked him, “What would it be like if you had 10% more men involved in discipleship?”
More office work:
• Finished up newsletter to investors
• Notes sent out to ministry team members to encourage them and thank them for their help
• Talked to Jim at Man in the Mirror – sending seminar packets to 2 new churches starting The Journey to Biblical Manhood this fall with a Success That Matters event
• Finishing touches on area-wide letter for pastor’s luncheon, emailed to Joe to print and mail.
Met for lunch with Jake Smith and his pastor to talk about men’s discipleship at Second Street Methodist. Jake was excited about the Journey to Biblical Manhood. I could tell his pastor has had excited laymen before and is a little cautious. Suggested they not do anything until Jake can pull a team together to commit to running first challenge. His pastor seemed relieved when I said, “Jake, your pastor needs you to do this. Don’t add something else to his plate. Get some leaders to work with you on this and just keep your pastor in the loop.”
Spent some time this afternoon studying Session 3 in the No Man Left Behind Foundations Courseware. Taking the leadership team from Faith Fellowship through the training. It’s cool to see them really committed to the training. Looking forward to seeing how they did on their Ministry Audits. Talking about the Wide-Deep Continuum tonight.
Got a phone call from Jake later on in the afternoon. He already has 3 guys who were waiting to hear how the lunch went. Asked if I could join them for a meeting next Tuesday night. He was pretty stoked! (OK, so am I!)
Went through my database this afternoon too. I’ve now had some kind of contact with leaders or pastors from 107 of my 1,000 churches. Didn’t realize I had passed that 100 mark! Still trying to get that 10th church enrolled in The Journey to Biblical Manhood. I’ve got 5 churches that seem interested, but there’s something different keeping each one from pulling the trigger. Maybe Second Street Methodist will be the tenth. Come on, Lord. Give me favor!
Well, time for dinner with the family, then off to Faith Fellowship for the Foundations training.